Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to generate the section view of the model stress contours

Pioneer
Pioneer

Dears, I don't know how to generate the section view of the stress contours, I just finished a simple structure analysis and I'd like to "cut" the model to show some section view of the contours, so I use the postporcess box to generate, when I defined the "cut" plane and click OK, nothing happened, I try to find the correct way from the help manual, but it seems there is no more detailed information regarding this function.

The example only show the "cut section" function can be done for a SOLID model, but is that possible to deal with the middle surface model? or I need try other way to do this? 

Can anybody take a look? Many thanks! 

4 REPLIES

Re: how to generate the section view of the model stress contours

Legend
Legend

I do not know if you have used under view>advanced post>dynamic cutting plane option.

Did you try already with this?

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

The dynamic cutting plane can only be applied on contoured solids.  If you have Femap 11.3 or newer, you can accomplish something similar to a section cut with the draw / erase toolbar.  If you are comfortable with the API, you can create a program that can mimic the dynamic cutting plane or even automate it.  See the API attached orignially desinged by Chip Fricke.

Pioneer
Pioneer
Yeah, I tried already, but this function actually can only be applied for solid model, not for a middle surface model. But thanks anyway.

Pioneer
Pioneer

I think this is definitely the correct way! Thank you so much.Woman Very Happy