Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Solved! Go to solution

link a beam to a plate

[ Edited ]

Hi at all, I need to connect a beam with a plate to simulate the support of laminate with structure below but if I use spider nodes I get a drastic reduction in results when I just want them to be transmitted as a support from the cover to the underlying structure.

connection.jpg

Can I get the desired effect using rigid links RBE2? Is there a quick way to do it?

Is correct if I check all rotation in rigid element and leave free all translations?

Thanks

3 REPLIES
Solution
Solution
Accepted by topic author FranzBartoli
‎06-02-2017 10:33 AM

Re: link a beam to a plate

Use the Mesh > Connect > Closest Link command. You select a set of From and To Nodes and from there you select the type of connection, include rigid elements.

The largest number of nodes should be the "From" nodes. There is an option to 'reverse' the rigid element where the "To" nodes are the independent nodes and the "From" nodes are the dependent nodes.

You also specify the rigid DOFs transmitted
Best Regards,
Chip Fricke
Principal Applications Engineer - Femap Product Development

[ Edited ]

thanks Chip, I know that if I not reverse the dependent nodes from the independent, the solutor makes me a fatal error. How does it work? What is the reason behind it?

The fatal error is related to redundant dependancies on rigid elements where a node is dependent on two or more rigid elements.

Best Regards,
Chip Fricke
Principal Applications Engineer - Femap Product Development