Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Solved! Go to solution
Highlighted

"The selected freebody is not equilibrium for all of the selected output sets......"

[ Edited ]

Dears, 

I try to load the force and moment from a freebody for my sub-model, but I got a warning message say that the freebody is not equilibrium. Is there any mistake I made? I listed my steps below.

1. set the output option as below.

20170503234325944.png 

2. Run the stactic analysis of the global model.

20170504002606601.png

3. Use freebody toolbox to create a freebody

20170503234854440.png

4. Select the vertical support beams and then select the top nodes on the beams, then the total force and total moments on these selected nodes displayed.

20170503235759274.png

5. Create a new partial model by means of File - New - Merge - from group

20170504000624103.png

6. Transfer the load from global model by means of Model - Load - From freebody, then click "multi-model", selecte the freebody and output set. Check "use forces", "use moments" and "check for equilibrium" option. Till now, everything seems ok, but when I click "NEXT", a warning show that the freebody could not pass the equilibrium checking.

20170504001016081.png 

I never use freebody function successfully before, so I don't know whether any mistake I made or what step I fogot? How can I transfer the loads on the top of the beams of the global model to my sub-model, Can anybody take a look at my steps and give me some advises, many thanks in advance.

2 REPLIES
Solution
Solution
Accepted by topic author Gerry
‎05-06-2017 09:09 AM

Re: "The selected freebody is not equilibrium for all of the selected output sets......"

Do not use "interface load" style of freebody display for this tool, use the standard freebody. By definition, the interface load style is usually not balanced.

Regards,

Joe

Re: "The selected freebody is not equilibrium for all of the selected output sets......"

Dear Joe,

Got it, many thanks.