Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

run "out.getfromset" commands in parallel, simultaneous, or condense

Experimenter
Experimenter

This is probably far out there and is likely not possible. However it would be great if the below could be condensed or run simultaneously to help run faster.

I have 200+ output sets that I need to extract 6 pieces of data from(X,Y,shear for top/bot). This will take some time to do especially since I plan on getting the data for 100,000+ elements. Result cases are all frequency response output sets.

The "GetFromSet" commands are the ones that seem to take the most time. Is it possible to get all 6 output vectors (7020,7021,7023,7420,7421,7423) in the same command? Or is it possible to get all 6 simultaneously/parallel? Mayble Call multiple subs in parallel?

While ResultFreqCases.Next

j=j+1 rc=OutSet.Get(ResultFreqCases.CurrentID) rc=Out.GetFromSet( ResultFreqCases.CurrentID, 7020 ) rc=Out.GetOutputListAtSet(elems.ID,0.0,value) For m = 0 To UBound(value,1) fstress(m+1,j,1)=value(m) Next rc=Out.GetFromSet( ResultFreqCases.CurrentID, 7021 ) rc=Out.GetOutputListAtSet(elems.ID,0.0,value) For m = 0 To UBound(value,1) fstress(m+1,j,2)=value(m) Next rc=Out.GetFromSet( ResultFreqCases.CurrentID, 7023 ) rc=Out.GetOutputListAtSet(elems.ID,0.0,value) For m = 0 To UBound(value,1) fstress(m+1,j,3)=value(m) Next rc=Out.GetFromSet( ResultFreqCases.CurrentID, 7420 ) rc=Out.GetOutputListAtSet(elems.ID,0.0,value) For m = 0 To UBound(value,1) fstress(m+1,j,4)=value(m) Next rc=Out.GetFromSet( ResultFreqCases.CurrentID, 7421 ) rc=Out.GetOutputListAtSet(elems.ID,0.0,value) For m = 0 To UBound(value,1) fstress(m+1,j,5)=value(m) Next rc=Out.GetFromSet( ResultFreqCases.CurrentID, 7423 ) rc=Out.GetOutputListAtSet(elems.ID,0.0,value) For m = 0 To UBound(value,1) fstress(m+1,j,6)=value(m) Next
Wend

Thanks

-Tim

1 REPLY

Re: run "out.getfromset" commands in parallel, simultaneous, or condense

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

I recommend that you use the Results Browsing Object (app.feResults object) instead of Output Sets and Output Vectors for this as this is a more efficient way of accessing output vector values.

Refer to section 4.9,  Femap API manual for more information on this object.

Best Regards,
Chip Fricke
Principal Applications Engineer - Femap Product Development