Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

v11.2 change: Selected entity still selectable?

Creator
Creator

Just to illustrate, I have multiple cbush elements right on top of each other. With past versions, if I'm using the selector tool with 'select multiple' turned on, each element would become "unselecable" after picking it, such that i could quickly just click through the stack until none were left. Doesn't seem to be the case anymore with v11.2, as it just keeps picking the same element over and over (unless I use Alt, but that's quite a bit slower). Did something change between versions? Is there some way to toggle this functionality on and off?

Thanks

3 REPLIES

Re: v11.2 change: Selected entity still selectable?

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

It's working fine for me, can you send me the model and I will take a look at it?

sherman dot mark at siemens dot com

Mark.

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

I don't think it's model specific. To replicate simply:

-Build a 10x10 plate model with cquad4 elements

-Unlock the data table

-Turn the entity selector to nodes or elements

-If you then click on elements you'll notice the same element ID can be populated multiple times in the data table. Whereas in earlier versions of femap the data table would only populate with unique ID's of the element, node, property type etc per row.

Stressman

Femap 11.2

(If this was addressed in 11.2.1, please advise)

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

You are correct.. there was a bug in V11.2.0 if you used the Selector with "Multiple Select"... it no longer prevented you from picking the same entity multiple times, and therefore adding it to the Data Table multiple times. This was corrected in V11.2.1.

This is only true however if you use "Multiple Select". Without that you always could, and still can, repeatedly pick the same entity.