Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

working with groups & displaying results

Pioneer
Pioneer
Hi, i am working with a model where i have defined groups. 1. refer fig 1 attached, some how, the screen is displaying the stress contour only for grp 28 - how do i get the stress contour for the entire model? 2. Now, i am interested only in grp 28 (refer fig 2), i ask to display only grp 28, but the legend is not updating to the max vonmises in this group .... when i goto view>select>deformed&contourdata, the max botm vonmises is reported as 620.1474MPa, but the legend shows max as 467.4MPa-fig03 ( legend is kept to auto mode - i checked this). 3. also the max vonmises of 620.1474 is reported for element 108435 which is not part of grp 28 - refer fig4. what i require is that, when i select a particular grp to display, the legend should update its numbers accordingly and the stresses reported in the window (view>select>deformed/contour data) should match the legend. thanks .
6 REPLIES

Re: working with groups & displaying results

Pioneer
Pioneer
Hi all, just want to say that the first point is solved - f6-postprocessing-contour type-contour options-contour grp - changed to none. first concern is solved.

Solution Partner Phenom Solution Partner Phenom
Solution Partner Phenom

Hello!,

Is very easy, plots your results as always and then simple click in top of the ACTIVE group and with the right mouse button open the menu and select "Show Full Model" to see results in the full model, or "Show Active Group" to see results in the active group, or if you want to see results in differnt groups simultaneously select "Show Multiple Groups".

groups-active.png

The important point is to have the LEVEL MODE = AUTOMATIC, then the range of results in the LEGEND will be only the values of the active group, OK?.

contour-criteria-levels.png

Also please note the nodal/elemental results you see in the "SELECT PROSPROCESSING DATA" form are of the FULL MODEL, not matter you select groups or not, do not get confused, groups are a valid postprocessing tool for see results on each group only, OK?.

Good luck!.
Best regards,

Blas.

Blas Molero Hidalgo, Ingeniero Industrial, Director
IBERISA • 48004 BILBAO (SPAIN)
WEB: http://www.iberisa.com
Blog Femap-NX Nastran: http://iberisa.wordpress.com/

Pioneer
Pioneer
Hi, thanks for the quick response, but my issue is that the max stress shown for full model and the group appears same (even though the max stress in not happening in that grp). also, the stress shown in the view-select- deformed/contour window is not matching the max stress shown in the legend(legend is in auto mode). please refer to the fig 3 to 4 in my query send earlier.. also the element for which the high stress is reported in the window is not part of that grp - even though i have displayed only one grp on the screen (fig4) thanks.

Pioneer
Pioneer

sorry i didnt see the last portion of your replly...i also have a doubt - i am interested only in the compressive stress in the plates at the moment....the direct stress(max and min) given in the output - are they represnting the tensile & compressive stresses respectively ?

thanks 

Solution Partner Phenom Solution Partner Phenom
Solution Partner Phenom

Dear Rajith,

If you want to see compression-only stresses forget to use vonMises, you need to use "PLATE MinorPrn Stress" to see than maximum principal stress in compression.

Best regards,

Blas.

Blas Molero Hidalgo, Ingeniero Industrial, Director
IBERISA • 48004 BILBAO (SPAIN)
WEB: http://www.iberisa.com
Blog Femap-NX Nastran: http://iberisa.wordpress.com/

Pioneer
Pioneer
actually, i want to check the buckling of plate using spreadsheets. i need the direct stress (in x and y) and the shear stress. i am not clear with what it means by max direct stress and min direct stress. which one should i take for checking the buckling.