Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ADVENCED SIMULAITON "DYNAMIC" PRESS FIT SIMULATION

Experimenter
Experimenter

Hi to everybody :-)
I am new of this forum but I hope that someone can help me. I would to study a dynamic deformation of hole and pin when the last one go inside. aaaaaa.jpg

bbbbbb.jpg

It is possible with Non Linear Advanced solution to study it? My target is to see how the pin and the hole deform.

I created a mesh for both of 0.1 size, I assigned the material ( plastic ), I fixed the hole and I assigned a enforced displacement of 0,5mm to the pin to allow the traslation. How can I go on now? I have to create a "mesh meting" between them? According to you can I see a "dynamic" deformation of hole and pin´s mesh during taslation of the pin.

Thank you very much  if you give me some suggestions!!

1 REPLY

Re: ADVENCED SIMULAITON "DYNAMIC" PRESS FIT SIMULATION

Creator
Creator

Hello,

your request seems to me suitable SOL 601 (-106 or -129).

As you wrote, you defined enforced displacement 0.5mm. So I reccomend yout o define this displacement in a tab, a displacement vs time, f.e.:

0 0

100 0.5

wher 100 is final time 100 secounds.

And define total time for SOL 601 100s with some increment, something like 5s, 1s...

Define proper parameters (Large displacement, ATS, Line search etc.).

Question is if you really want to simulate dynamic press fit - in this case it would be in SOL601-129, where 1 secound is not just a lenght of step but real time. If you simulate the press fit is time-independent (no inertia efffect, static friction only etc.), then SOL601-106 is enough.

Another option may be explicit SOL 701 but I would not start with it, let it as a backup

Good luck, Jan