Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CQC Method in NX Nastran

Solution Partner Creator Solution Partner Creator
Solution Partner Creator

Will CQC Method for earthquake Response Spectrum analysis be implemented ? When ?

Thank you

Franco

6 REPLIES

Re: CQC Method in NX Nastran

Legend
Legend

FBTeam3d wrote:

Will CQC Method for earthquake Response Spectrum analysis be implemented ? When ?

Thank you

Franco

This would probably better addressed by filing an ER with GTAC, we're mostly users here :-)

Betreff: CQC Method in NX Nastran

Legend
Legend

Hello, I believe that modal response simulations already support earthquake analyses with CQC-method.

I did such simulations in NX 8.5.

Best wishes, Michael

Legend
Legend

MiDi1791 wrote:

Hello, I believe that modal response simulations already support earthquake analyses with CQC-method.

I did such simulations in NX 8.5.

Best wishes, Michael

In NX Response Dynamics, yes, but we're talking about straight NX Nastran SRS...  Hint to Siemens PD: it would be nice if the two were in sync :-)  ALthough technically you wouldn't use one if you had the other, but still...

Legend
Legend

Oh, sorry I didn't recognize the position in NX NASTRAN Forum.
But for me as  a "simple front end user" it is not directly clear what additional license or installation package is placed into my NX  by my company. ;-)

Does it mean that we do not need an additial license package for response simulations and SOL "103 - Response Simulation" is part of the standard licensing package in the future?

Michael

Legend
Legend

We're simple front-end users too Smiley Happy

Shock Response Spectrum is done directly in NX Nastran, via SOL 103, I believe that is what the OP was inquiring about.  In which case, CQC doesn't seem to be available.

Your solution involves NX Nastran and NX Response dynamics to perform the SRS, in which case CQC is available.

Solution Partner Creator Solution Partner Creator
Solution Partner Creator

Exactly, CQC seems to be included in the Simcenter Response Dynamics Add-on but I mean Shock Response CQC method in NX NASTRAN Sol103

Thank you

Franco