Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calculate Heat Flow

Experimenter
Experimenter

Hey,

I am currently simulating stationary thermal transitions through various 2- and 3-dimensional components with NX version 10.0.3.5.

In addition to the temperatures, I would also like to calculate the (total-) heat flows.

Unfortunately, I get apparently no solution for the "total heat flux". All values are "0.0" and the complete assembly as well as the scale are blue (as seen in the picture).

Also, I don't know how to get the heat flow between any two surfaces (for example the heat flow between the upper and lower room in the picture).

Thanks in advance for your help

3 REPLIES

Re: Calculate Heat Flow

Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

DerBrueller wrote:

Hey,

I am currently simulating stationary thermal transitions through various 2- and 3-dimensional components with NX version 10.0.3.5.

In addition to the temperatures, I would also like to calculate the (total-) heat flows.

Unfortunately, I get apparently no solution for the "total heat flux". All values are "0.0" and the complete assembly as well as the scale are blue (as seen in the picture).

Also, I don't know how to get the heat flow between any two surfaces (for example the heat flow between the upper and lower room in the picture).

Thanks in advance for your help

DerBruller, 

It's been a while since I've done this but I'm pretty sure you need to create a report simulation object to report the heat flux... maybe @Zouya_Z can probably have more insight into this... 

Regards,
Ganesh

Simcenter 3D Community Manager
Simulation and Test Solutions

Solution Partner Valued Contributor Solution Partner Valued Contributor
Solution Partner Valued Contributor

The Total Heat Flux in Post displays the heat fluxes that were specified in boundary conditions. To the get the heat flow between two surfaces, you can use the Report simulation object. Set the type to "Heat Map". This will generate a csv file as well as an html file that lists the contributions of each mode of heat transfer to the heat flow between the defined surfaces.

Further information is available in the documentation.

https://docs.plm.automation.siemens.com/tdoc/nx/10.0.3/nx_help/#uid:id1229789

Experimenter
Experimenter

Hello Ganesh,

Hello Zouya_Z,

thank you very much for your comment.

It actually works exactly the way you described it.

I have solved my problem now.

Many thanks for your support!

Best regards,

DerBrueller