an analysis is done (axisymmetric) with contact.
The behaviour at the extremity of the contact line seems strange, since the source region penetrates the target region where it should not.
The is a reaction on a node of the source side but no reaction on the target side corresponding node.
Why does it happen, why only at the end of the contact object?
Please check the attached files for details.
thank you for the tip, I've just thought about this a few moments before, calculation has just run.
But unfortunately, there still seem to be missing contact on the target side!
Have you double-checked in the .dat file that the nodes causing the issue are actually on the BEDGE definition? I can't rember if the BCPREVIEW will work with edge contact
thank you, following your remark, I checked the .dat.
Indeed, the "last" egde region is not defined for the target region.
I don't know if this is a "bug" or what, so I filed an IR on GTAC.best regards,
The .dat file is the "master". The software solves what you provide (in the .dat file) not what you think you have in the .sim
The only thing I can think right now is that these nodes are not associated with the edge. See if you get all the nodes if you do related nodes/polygone edge
Got some "issue" with contact surfaces in the last day or so. Even everyting seems to be set-up properly but I got an "error" msg when creating the .dat file about "... Boundary Conditions are applied to geometry having partial association of nodes and elements".
I swapped thw Source/Target surfaces and everything was created fine !