cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error message: NON-UNIQUE FIELD 2 ON BULK DATA ENTRY RBE2

Pioneer
Pioneer

Hi all, I have received the same error messages more often after upgrading to NX 9.0. The messsage is the following:

NASTRAN Msg:  *** USER FATAL MESSAGE 311 (IFPDRV)
                  NON-UNIQUE FIELD 2 ON BULK DATA ENTRY RBE2              64           
SORTED ENTRY COUNT =    4296812
NASTRAN Msg:  *** USER FATAL MESSAGE 316 (IFPDRV)
                  ILLEGAL DATA ON BULK DATA ENTRY RBE2    
NASTRAN Msg:  ^^^ USER   FATAL   MESSAGE 9002 (IFPS)  
              ^^^ ERROR(S) ENCOUNTERED IN THE    MAIN BULK DATA SECTION   
NASTRAN Msg:  ^^^ SEE MESSAGES ABOVE. ERROR ENCOUNTERED IN MODULE    IFP,

At first, it looks like it is the problem of the node ID, so I have check with Assembly Label Manager and it is all fine. I have tried to delete all the RBE and re-create them again. It works after that but I don't understand what was wrong in the first place. This happens quite often so I want to know why.

Thank you very much

5 REPLIES

Re: Error message: NON-UNIQUE FIELD 2 ON BULK DATA ENTRY RBE2

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

For RBE elements, field 2 is the element ID, not a node ID. Check the element ID in the assembly label manager as well.

Pioneer
Pioneer
The element ID status in the assembly label manager are all fine

Siemens Phenom

Are there any elements being added to the deck that the assembly label manager may not be aware of? For example, elements defined in user defined text modeling objects, or in include files?

Pioneer
Pioneer

No, nothing special. It is just a normal FEM assembly where I connect the pin joints between each component with RBE2 to act as pin.
When I use RBE3, everything is fine. Does this imply the nature difference of RBE2 and 3 has relationship with this error?
Also in modeling a pin joint, I want to avoid the calculation for contact between the pin and component, so I use RBE and CBEAM to represent the pin. Should I use RBE2 or 3 in this case?

Siemens Phenom

Some Nastran error messages are ambiguous. This one is not - it is saying that a duplicate element ID is being specified. You should be able to find the two entries in an editor or in a sorted bulk data echo. Once found, you'll have to determine how each entry was generated, then try to update the label at the source.

There may be a bug in the assembly lable manager. GTAC should be able to help straighten this out and report the bug if one exists.