cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do we use a new license we just got?

N/A

NX4.0.4.2MP7
NX Nastran 4.1
I've used NX for years, but have never used NX NASTRAN, so this is really a "newbie"
question...
Now we have a UG13500 ("Advanced Simulation") bundle, which we select by setting
the bundle before starting NX. Asuming all is set up correctly (ENV variables,
etc.) this works fine.
We just got some new licenses to try out - in the license file they are
nx_spsd_vibration
nx_spsd_stress
(and others)
But we can't seem to figure out (on the client level) how to use the nx_spsd_* licenses.
Do we have to install something on the client? Does the client have to use a different
menu pick in NX? Do they have to start with the UG13500 bundle, then do something
different? Do they have to pick a different node type (101, 102, 103, etc.)? We're
completely clueless.
Is this documented anywhere?
I know looking at the license server log file, there are NO attempts to touch the
nx_spsd_* features (no checkouts, no denials, no nothing).
Thanks...Ken
Ken Akerboom
kakerboom@moog.com akerboom@sea4ug.com
Moog, Inc. Specialty Engineered Automation
www.moog.com www.sea4ug.com
(716) 687-7939 (716) 937-6784
1 REPLY

Re: How do we use a new license we just got?

N/A
Dear Ken,
From the point of view of the end user, the important is that with NX13500 "AdvSim" bundle you have NX Nastran Basic Desktop integrated in NX to perform the following finite element analysis:
.. Linear Static Structural Analysis (SOL101).
.. Normal Modes for Vibration (SOL103).
.. Structural Buckling (SOL105).
.. Basic Nonlinear Static (SOL106).
.. Cyclic Static with Option: Alternate Reduction (SOL114).
.. Cyclic Normal Modes (SOL115).
.. Cyclic Buckling (SOL116).
.. Basic Nonlinear Dynamic (SOL129).
.. Steady State Heat Transfer (linear and non linear) (SOL153).
.. Transient Heat Transfer (linear and non linear) (SOL159).
It also includes capabilities such as inertia relief, composites modeling, and spot weld elements. Then the covered NX Nastran Solution sequences include: 101, 103, 105, 106, 114, 115, 116, 129, 153 and 159. The NX Nastran Desktop license can also be used in I-deas to run the legacy I-deas Model Solution solver for linear structural, thermal and optimization analysis.
Some of the above solution sequences are not supported in the menus of NX Advanced Simulation user interface, for instance Transient Heat Transfer (SOL159) and solution sequences 114, 115 & 116, but you can do deck editing of the Nastran input file from inside the pre/post NX before launching the solver.
I hope to be of help.
Best regards,
Blas.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Blas Molero Hidalgo
Ingeniero Industrial
Director

IBERISA
Edificio Ercilla
Rodríguez Arias 23, 3º - Dpto. 19
48011 BILBAO (SPAIN)
Tel. (+34) 94 410 65 50
Fax. (+34) 94 470 26 34
E-mail: info@iberisa.com
WEB: http://www.iberisa.com
"Ken Akerboom" escribió en el mensaje de noticias news:4a0b2050$1@bbsnotes.ugs.com...
>
> NX4.0.4.2MP7
> NX Nastran 4.1
>
> I've used NX for years, but have never used NX NASTRAN, so this is really a "newbie"
> question...
>
> Now we have a UG13500 ("Advanced Simulation") bundle, which we select by setting
> the bundle before starting NX. Asuming all is set up correctly (ENV variables,
> etc.) this works fine.
>
> We just got some new licenses to try out - in the license file they are
> nx_spsd_vibration
> nx_spsd_stress
> (and others)
>
> But we can't seem to figure out (on the client level) how to use the nx_spsd_* licenses.
> Do we have to install something on the client? Does the client have to use a different
> menu pick in NX? Do they have to start with the UG13500 bundle, then do something
> different? Do they have to pick a different node type (101, 102, 103, etc.)? We're
> completely clueless.
>
> Is this documented anywhere?
>
> I know looking at the license server log file, there are NO attempts to touch the
> nx_spsd_* features (no checkouts, no denials, no nothing).
>
> Thanks...Ken
> Ken Akerboom
> kakerboom@moog.com akerboom@sea4ug.com
> Moog, Inc. Specialty Engineered Automation
> www.moog.com www.sea4ug.com
> (716) 687-7939 (716) 937-6784