Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Solved! Go to solution

How to highlight a node?

Hi everyone,

is there any way to highlight a node (by ID) in Post View when a contour plot is shown? So far I have only found Menu > Information > Advanced Simulation > Node/Element...

But this only displays the node ID next to the node in Post View. I would like to have something more visible (something along the lines of a large, bright dot?).

CC-

3 REPLIES
Solution
Solution
Accepted by topic author CC-
‎02-23-2017 11:06 AM

Re: How to highlight a node?

You can create an annotation. Expand the Post_View node on the Post Navigator. Right click on Annotations and pick New.... You can specify the node by ID to create the note.

Annotation.png

Hi Jim,

thanks for the reply! Is there any way to specify the selection to nodes? When an element and node have the same ID the annotation seems to attach to the nodes of the element with the specified ID instead of the node with that ID.

This will depend on the type of result being contoured. The behavior can be seen and understood more clearly on the Identify dialog, where the prompts change depending on result type. The behavior of the Annotation dialog is the same, even though the labels and menu selections do not change:

• If nodal results (i.e. displacement, force, temperature) are being contoured, then the label on the Identify dialog reads "Nodal Results" and the selection is "By Node IDs". The input ID will be a Node Id and the output will be a single node value
  • If elemental results (i.e. centroid stress) are being contoured, then the label on the Identify dialog reads "Elemental Results" and the selection is "By Element IDs". The input ID will be an Element Id and the output will be a single element value

• If element-nodal results (i.e. stress) are being contoured, then the label on the Identify dialog reads "Elemental-Nodal Results" and the selection is "By Element IDs". The input ID will be an Element Id and the output will be a value for each node on the element