cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Linear variable thermal load on a curve

Creator
Creator

Hello,

I'd like to simulate a heating resistive wire glued on a surface. But I got several problems :

1) the wire is glued along a spiral on the middle of the surface. And I can't find how to define such a spiral on the middle of the surface in the .fem file. The only way I know to define a curve on a face is the "split face" tool, but it doesn't work because the spiral doesn't split the face, it is just a pattern outlined on the surface...

Does anybody know how to define such a curve ?

2) In the meanwhile, I divided the surface in 2, which is working an creates an edge in the middle of the face. But when I apply a load on this edge, it seems that NX can't work with thermal loads applied to edges...

Does anybody know how to define thermal loads on edges ?

3) If I ever manage to define such a curve on my face and a thermal load on it, I'd like to create a space distributed load along the linear abscissa of that curve (which is totally different from the global CSYS). For example, something like : P = A L + B with L the local length of the spiral.

Does anybody know how to define such a space distribution along a curve, or at least how to define a CSYS along a curve ?

Thanks a lot !