Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mesh division

Experimenter
Experimenter

hey there, 

i have this 2d plate with the mesh marked in blue.

i need to split each element vertically and horizontly, as in the elements with the gray lines. is there a way to do this automatically? Capturar.PNGbecause i need to do 4 refinements of this mesh so manually is very time consuming!

thanks in advance!!

2 REPLIES

Re: Mesh division

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Use the Split Shell command. Subdivision options include:

• Quad to 2 Triangles subdivides the selected quadrilateral element into two triangular elements.

• Quad to 2 Quads subdivides the selected quadrilateral element into two quadrilateral elements.

• Quad to 4 Quads subdivides the selected quadrilateral element into four quadrilateral elements.

• Quad to 3 Quads subdivides the selected quadrilateral element into three quadrilateral elements.

• Quad to 3 Triangles subdivides the selected quadrilateral element into three triangular elements.

• Triangle to 4 Triangles subdivides the selected triangular element into four triangular elements.

• Triangle to 2 Triangles subdivides the selected triangular element into two triangular elements.

See "Splitting Shell Elements" in the online help:

https://docs.plm.automation.siemens.com/tdoc/nx/10/nx_help/#uid:index_advanced:xid389654:id627641:id...

Re: Mesh division

Experimenter
Experimenter
thank you so much, i wasnt aware of that command!!