cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEi Nastran Nitinol Help

Hey there, 

I've tried to get more info on the FEMAP forum but I wasn't sucessful. Although, this time my question is a bit different so I hope to have to more luck this time.

I've been trying to use 605. NEi Nastran NITINOL solution for my scholar project but I keep getting this error: 

USER FATAL MESSAGE 2016 (TA1) NO MATERIAL PROPERTIES EXIST. 

Even if I provide the most of the material properties (lacking one or two because I don't have them), the fatal error keeps appearing. 
I've been also studying different constitutive material models but I couldn't identify which one Femap with NX Nastran uses.

Can anybody please help me on this?

I'd be really grateful!

3 REPLIES

Re: NEi Nastran Nitinol Help

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

You can simulate shape memory alloys in NX Nastran SOL 601 using MATSMA.

NEi Nastran is not NX Nastran. It is not created, distributed or supported by Siemens PLM. If you are using that solver, you are on the wrong support forum.

Thanks for your quickly reply.

I'm using Femap with Nx Nastran and I thought the message error I got was from the solver (Nx Nastran) but you're telling me that if I use the card of NEi Nastran NITINOL (to simulate Nitinol) available on femap, I'm using a different solver than Nx Nastran? Is that it?

Anyway, I'm sorry for the "lost" post. Smiley Happy

Legend
Legend

JimB wrote:

You can simulate shape memory alloys in NX Nastran SOL 601 using MATSMA.

NEi Nastran is not NX Nastran. It is not created, distributed or supported by Siemens PLM. If you are using that solver, you are on the wrong support forum.

Not to mention it is not based on actual Nastran source code Smiley Happy