cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[NX 10] SOL101 with bolt pretension and contact between one solid and two shell parts

Experimenter
Experimenter

Hello community,

i've a problem with a model containing one solid part and two shell parts which are connected with a bolt under pretension:

structurestructure

I've defined two contacts, the first one between the solid and the middle shell part, the second one between the middle and the outer shell part. The problem is that only one of the contacts is working, dependent on the shell normal direction i choose. It's obvious that both contacts are important to get physically reasonable results.

I'd really appreciate if someone has an idea how to get the two contacts working simultaneously.

I attached the model in case somebody needs to do some testing.

Regards,

Niels

2 REPLIES

Re: [NX 10] SOL101 with bolt pretension and contact between one solid and two shell parts

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

@NBarth,

The contact direction for a shell (BSURF) region is set via a BCRPARA. The model supplied has BSURF 10 as the target in both contact pairs, with no associated BCRPARA. Thus, the contact direction defaults to the Top surface. This will obviously be valid for only one of the two contact pairs.

To resolve this, create a second contact region on the middle shell region and set the side to bottom for this region.

An updated set of input files is attached.

Re: [NX 10] SOL101 with bolt pretension and contact between one solid and two shell parts

Experimenter
Experimenter

@JimB

Thank you very much for the reply. I hadn't been aware that this parameter (BCRPARA) exists...