Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NX NASTRAN performance

Creator
Creator

Hi all,

in the .F04 file of a NX Nastran direct transient analysis I have the following message:

*** BUFFER POOL AND SCRATCH 300 USAGE STATISTICS ***

+----------------- BUFFER POOL -----------------+      +-------------------------- SCRATCH 300 --------------------------+
   OPTION        BLOCKS      BLOCKS      BLOCKS           OPTION    HIWATER               SUB_DMAP        DMAP     OPN/CLS
  SELECTED     ALLOCATED     REUSED     RELEASED         SELECTED  (BLOCKS)   DAY_TIME      NAME         MODULE    COUNTER
  GINO,EXEC       17660   267070652   174767517              1           0    15:34:05    * N A *     0  * N A *       4

The same file run using MSC/NASTRAN contains the following message:

*** BUFFER POOL AND SCRATCH 300 USAGE STATISTICS ***

+----------------- BUFFER POOL -----------------+      +-------------------------- SCRATCH 300 --------------------------+
   OPTION        BLOCKS      BLOCKS      BLOCKS           OPTION    HIWATER               SUB_DMAP        DMAP     OPN/CLS
  SELECTED     ALLOCATED     REUSED     RELEASED         SELECTED  (BLOCKS)   DAY_TIME      NAME         MODULE    COUNTER
   BPOOL4           150     4420840   435333981              2       33041     1:36:37    SEDTRAN   422  TRD1         24

As you can see i HAVE OPTION SELECTED differences between NX NASTRAN and MSC/NASTRAN and this seems to give differences in the run performances.

Can anybody tell me how to set in NX NASTRAN the same OPTTIONS used by MSC/NASTRAN for:

BUFFER POOL = BPOOL4 (instead of NX = GINO,EXEC)

SCRATCH 300 = 2 (instead of NX = 1)

Thank you