Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Solved! Go to solution

NX Nastran error on MS DOS

Hi,

I am testing NX Nastran with MS DOS window, the case is located on C:\003_NX_CASES and the name is activ1_sim2-solution_1.dat, I think that NX Nastran dosen't locate the .dat file for execution, but I am not 100% sure.

Which variable I have to use, for launching NX Nastran cases with a MS DOS window? I have donde this case with desktop acces to nastran64Lw.exe and internally on NX CAE enviroment and this case runs without any problem. The problem is how I can run NX Nastran, with a MS DOS window. I am missing something that I don't know actually.

Thanks in advance, Igor.

9 REPLIES

Re: NX Nastran error on MS DOS

I have solved the rute location, but actually I have other error. That NX Nastran can't generate

a .asg file. Which kind of variable I have to create?

Dear Igor,

As told before the error is telling you that the nastran executable do not find the nastran input file *.dat, simply include the PATH of the *.dat file in the command line, or better include the path of the directory where the nastran.exe is located in the system PATH as C:\Program Files\Siemens\NX 9.0\NXNASTRAN\bin, this way you can run the nastran executable from any directory where the *.dat file is copied and issue the command (in bold):

C:\003_NX_CASES>nastran activ1_sim2-solution_1.dat

In your case, as the system PATH do not know where are copied the nastran executables, to make it run, change to the nastran directyory and simply enter the path of the *.dat file in the command prompt (in bold your input):

C:\>CD C:\Program Files\Siemens\NX 9.0\NXNASTRAN\bin

C:\Program Files\Siemens\NX 9.0\NXNASTRAN\bin>nastran C:\003_NX_CASES\activ1_sim2-solution_1.dat

Best regards,

Blas.

Blas Molero Hidalgo, Ingeniero Industrial, Director
IBERISA • 48004 BILBAO (SPAIN)
WEB: http://www.iberisa.com
Blog Femap-NX Nastran: http://iberisa.wordpress.com/

Dear Igor,

You don´t have "writing rights" in the "Program Files" directory, do what I told you before:

OPTION1:

Include the nastran directory C:\Program Files\Siemens\NX 9.0\NXNASTRAN\bin in the PATH of the system, this is the best option.

OPTION2:

Or Change to the location where the *.dat file is copied and launch the nastran solver from that place including explicitely the path to the nastran solver, OK?:

C:\>CD C:\003_NX_CASES

C:\003_NX_CASES>C:\Program Files\Siemens\NX 9.0\NXNASTRAN\bin\nastran activ1_sim2-solution_1.dat

Best regards,

Blas.

Blas Molero Hidalgo, Ingeniero Industrial, Director
IBERISA • 48004 BILBAO (SPAIN)
WEB: http://www.iberisa.com
Blog Femap-NX Nastran: http://iberisa.wordpress.com/

Hi,

I have solved the problem, I have to lauch the MS DOS window as Admin mode, on windows 8.1. But the results are saved on C:\Program Files\Siemens\NX 9.0\NXNASTRAN\bin, I don't know why the results are saved on this path.

Thanks, Igor.

Hi,

Which is the variable for pointing this PATH C:\Program Files\Siemens\NX 9.0\NXNASTRAN\bin

on Windows enviroment? I can launch with ADMIN mode on MS DOS window, but I can't with a normal MS DOS windows. The point is that with ADMIN mode the results are saved on this PATH and I want to save the results, on a specified location for example, C:\003_NX_NASTRAN_CASES

OPTION1

Include the nastran directory C:\Program Files\Siemens\NX 9.0\NXNASTRAN\bin in the PATH of the system, this is the best option.

Hi,

I have tried The OPTION 2 (Blas) with no results. Attached an image, I have tried on normal MS DOS window and ADMIN window MS DOS. The code tells that, the "C:\Program" is not recognized as an inernal or external command.

Solution
Solution
Accepted by topic author Igor
‎08-26-2015 04:32 AM

Hi Igor,

the Path to Nastran contains blanks, that's why the DOS command is not recognized correctly.

So please set the Nastran Call into paranthesis, then it will work:

"C:\Program Files\Siemens\NX 9.0\NXNastran\bin\nastran.exe" activ1_sim2-solution_1.dat

Regards

Boris

Solution
Solution

Hi Boris,

Now runs, thanks.

One questions on MSC Nastran, I am not sure but I use a jid variable for pointing the .bdf file. On NX Nastran is something similar? Because the previous test, tell me this.

Solution
Solution

Hi Igor,

jid stands for Job ID.

You can start the job with jid=... or just use the nastran input deck. Both will work also with NX Nastran:

nastran input.dat

or

nastran jid=input.dat

Regards

Boris