Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Nastran executable

I'm getting the following error:

"Nastran executable is not at the location specified by the environment variable: C:\apps\nxnastran5\bin\nastran.exe"

I'm pretty sure this error is the result of how IT copies files onto new systems. I know the correct location for nastran (075). How can I point NX to the corect location?
Travis Finlay
3 REPLIES

Re: Nastran executable

Dear Travis,
You don't mention if you are running NX NASTRAN from FEMAP or from NX Advanced Simulation. Check you environment variables, open a MS-DOS command prompt and write: SET and click ENTER, you will see the list of your environment variables. If running NX AdvSim check the correct address:
UGII_NX_NASTRAN=D:\NX85\NXNASTRAN\bin\nastran.exe
UGII_NX_NASTRAN_VERSION=8.5
Best regards,
Blas.

Ooops. Sorry, this is with the basic "Design Simulation" application.

Where do I find the environment variables? I assume in a .txt file somehwere?
Travis Finlay

[ Edited ]
Dear Travis,
You need to create the above two variables at the OPERATING SYSTEM level, you need to go to "CONTROL PANEL > SYSTEM > ADVANCED CONFIGURATION > ENVIRONMENT VARIABLES" and there INPUT by hand the mentioned variables, pointing to the correct address:

Also in NX you need to go to "FILE > UTILITIES > CUSTOMER DEFAULTS > SIMULATION > NX NASTRAN" and define the settings for the solver: here you can enter the address explicitely or use the above commented environment variables, up to you. This way when you define a simulation always will use the above parameters

If you have created old studies where a WRONG solver address exist, simply click in the study name and select EDIT SOLVER PARAMETERS, here you can enter the correct address for th solver, ¿OK?.

Best regards,
Blas.