Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PRESS FIT --> NIGHTMARE!! HELP ME

Experimenter
Experimenter

Hi to everybody,

from 2 days I am trying to solve a simple press fit problem but I don´t know how to go on, before to start this task I had a normal life but now the most exciting thing in my life is to do a mesh meting. For this reason I hope that someone of you want that I return to a normal life. :-)

Problem: Pin (grey )  in hole ( red ) with different diameter ( pin is bigger than hole--> press fit, my nightmare!! )

I did a mesh for both of them of 0.5 mm size:

Firs important question : According to you it is correct that Italy is out from world Championships??

Second question : I have to do mesh meting between two part? Wich type of mesh meting? Free coincident??

I created my contact surface:

I fixed my hole :

Now I have problems:

How can I go on with my simulation? Which kind of simulation I have to select ? ( Non linear- linear etc---)

If I wanto to see my pin that traslate inside the hole and deformation of them how can I do??

Please help me beacuse I would to have a normal life :-)

Thank you!!!

2 REPLIES

Re: PRESS FIT --> NIGHTMARE!! HELP ME

Pioneer
Pioneer

Hi,

according to my german collegue, answer to your first question is "yes". Also, I suppose this is your life nightmare, not press fit problem.

If you can do mesh mating, try the free coincident. But since you modeled the press fit at the geometry level, I'm not sure it is a good idea. You may first cut the face of the hole so that is has the same size as the pin, then use 2D dependant mapping.

But you should anyway get results with you mesh.

As for limit conditions you have to create symetric condition at the cutting planes (XZ, YZ), if not, your pin will fall.

You may have to fix one node of the pin in the Z direction in order to stabilize the model.

SOL101 is OK for such a calculation.

have a good life,

Cyril

Cyril

Re: PRESS FIT --> NIGHTMARE!! HELP ME

Experimenter
Experimenter

Thank you very much cyril. I will try and I hope that it ´s all ok!!!

Many thanks