Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Part grows during advanced simulation

I'm running an FEA and I have a camming component that rotates around a post and contacts a leaf spring to bend it.  I have the contact constraints working correctly because when part 1 rotates around the post and contacts the spring, the spring does indeed bend.  What I can't figure out is why the first part is actuatlly growing like a balloon while spinning around the post.  I'm applying a constant torque to it in order to make it rotate and bend the spring.  Has anyone ever seen a component grow and ballon up like I've described? 

3 REPLIES

Re: Part grows during advanced simulation

bdinardo,

This is due to the fact that the model is undergoing large displacements in a small displacement solver. You will need to run an advanced nonlinear solution (SOL 601) with large displacements activated to solve this correctly.

This could also be done in NX Motion with a flexible body component.

Regards,

Jim

Jim,

Thanks for your quick response however I'm not sure how to change the solver parameters to a SOL 601 from a SOL 101.  Can you please explain to me how to do this?   I've started to make the model in NX motion however I'm still learning that software piece and am more comfortable with Advanced Sim.  Your help is greatly appreciated.  Thanks.

Brian 

Brian,

Please contact GTAC for more detailed help on this issue (Pick "Support" at http://www.plm.automation.siemens.com/)

Regards,

Jim