Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Solved! Go to solution

Run NASTRAN with DOS - ERROR

Hello,

I have run a simulation with NX 8.5 and so far everything works well (no error and consistent solution). But, when I run the .dat file generated by the simulation with nastran64.exe (or any of the others .exe) with a DOS command or by clicking directly on the .exe, I am not able to have a solution. In the .f06 file it is written :

*** USER FATAL MESSAGE 3060 (PREFACE)
- AUTHORIZATION ERROR ***
UNABLE TO OBTAIN LICENSES FOR NX Nastran Basic
PLEASE REFER TO THE LOG FILE FOR ADDITIONAL DETAILS
1 * * * END OF JOB * * *

*** USER WARNING MESSAGE 1152 (XCLNUP)
SOME DBSETS IN THIS DATA BASE WERE NOT INITIALIZED COMPLETELY.
USER INFORMATION: THE DATA BASE CREATED IN THIS RUN IS TOO IMMATURE TO BE RESTARTED.
USER ACTION: DELETE THIS DATA BASE BEFORE STARTING YOUR NEXT RUN.

Could someone help me with this?

Thank you very much.

Claudel

3 REPLIES

Re: Run NASTRAN with DOS - ERROR

Claudel,

Your license server is not defined in your CMD environment. You can use the AUTH command line keyword to specify a license server. You can also edit the .rcf file and specify the auth keyword there. See the Installation and Operations Guide (section 2.4) for more details.

Regards,

Jim

Solution
Solution
Accepted by Ganesh_S (Community Manager)
‎08-26-2015 04:32 AM

Claudel,

You probably have a desktop license only and not enterprise nastran solution. If you have desktop license you'll have to use "prog=" keyword. The value of this keyword will be in the ".log file of the successful run.

It is also possible that you did not specify the correct license server in you command line.

Can you attach the ".log" file from the successful run and from the run that failed?

Easwaran

[ Edited ]

Hello Jim and Easwaran,

the "AUTH" was ok in the log file of the run that failed. Looking at the two log files (sucessful run and run that failed) I found that it was the "prog=" and other things that were missing in the Command Line that made the run fail. 

Thanks for your quick answers, it was very helpful!

Claudel