cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SOL153 - UNCLEAR ERROR in SOL 153

Legend
Legend

Hello Experts,

in my thermal analysis (SOL 153, steady state heat transfer) I found the following error message

*** USER FATAL MESSAGE 2101 (GP4)
     SCALAR POINT      5903744 ILLEGALLY DEFINED IN SETS   UM   US

several times.

Maybe it depends on RBE2-RBE3 spider connections defined by 1d-connection (edge-to-face) for the corresponding linear static model.

I try to derive a temperature distribution with SOL153 for that static model (Sol101) and for a well defined version of it I did create additional face-to-face gluings as perfect heat conductor without new grid points.

But maybe now some grid points belong to both, RBE2/RBE3 and gluings. Is this the reason for that message?

What means UM and US?

Can I set AutoMPC = YES and all the other parameters from static solution in the heat transfer too?

Time is really rare!!

Can some one help? Any suggestions will help,

With best regards, Michael

2 REPLIES

Betreff: SOL153 - UNCLEAR ERROR in SOL 153

Legend
Legend

Problem solved.

I did define additionally a temperature constraint at my RBE2 - grid point as part  of a larger temp constraint and I forgot it.

After moving onto another part of that local structure the error was gone.

Betreff: SOL153 - UNCLEAR ERROR in SOL 153

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Glad you have solved the issue.

Just to provide an explanation for the original message, "ILLEGALLY DEFINED IN SETS   UM   US" means that a dof appears in both the M set and the S set, which are mutually exclusive.

Nastran set notation is documented in section 8 of the QRG: "Degree-of-Freedom Sets"

https://docs.plm.automation.siemens.com/tdoc/nxnastran/11/help#uid:index_QRG:id512186

The M set contains dof that are dependent in multipoint constraint definitions (MPC, RBE, etc.). The S set are DOF that are removed by single point constraints.

in SOL 153, temperatures are the unknowns and a nodal temperature is a constraint (SPC).

As you have found, you cannot define a temperature constraint on a dof that is dependent in a MPC/RBE.