Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Setting up a RESTART analysis entirely in NX.CAE?

To all,

I am playing around with a SOL101 contact analysis+(bolt) preload capability. It seems that one needs to apply all the loads in 1 step/load case (the bolt preload + external load(s)), in my test case I am using a 1g (gravity), and hope for the best!

One therefore needs to re-run the entire analysis if one wants to consider another load direction (or overall load for that matter, say 5g rather than 1g). Enter the RESTART option. I'd like to run the model with bolt preload only (save the dball) and then do a restart with my external load (+preload) applied. BCs may change as the "dummy" load to hold the part for the preload needs to be removed

Q. Is there a way of setting up the entire RESTART from NX.CAE?

I could only find something under Solution 601,106 which is not what I want to use.

Thanks

JXB

Production: NX9.0.3.4, NX10.0.2.6
Development: VB.NET (amateur level !)
3 REPLIES

Re: Setting up a RESTART analysis entirely in NX.CAE?

A restart can be set up entirely in NX Simulation, however it is not explicitly supported. Depending on the type of restart you are doing, you will have to define User Defined Text Objects, make use of subset export options, etc.

In other words, the tools are there but they are not bundled into a guided workflow.

Thanks. Are you aware of any (step-by-step) example?. Nothing obvious in the doc

Production: NX9.0.3.4, NX10.0.2.6
Development: VB.NET (amateur level !)

Hello,

Please refer below video link for NXCAE Restart analysis.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AYTx_jZbAcM&lc=z120j5ap2laxd1anx23vfzkjkoynsf3na

Kind regards,

Tuw