Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Solved! Go to solution

Soil Modelling

Hello there,
Is there any tutorial or example on how to model soil and define soil interaction in the femap?
Thanks.

5 REPLIES

Re: Soil Modelling

Hi,

what is the purpose of that analysis? what type of physical phenomena are you looking at?

regards

Pavel 

The purpose of the analysis is want to measure stress of the object after contact with the soil. Gravity is applied to the object. the tutorial that i've  been looking is on how to assign the material properties of the soil in femap and how to define contact properties between object and soil. Kindly advise.

i see. In this case i believe we do not have a direct material model for soil simulation. The only way is to find a good approximation in different publications and use standard material properties to simulate the same. My colleagues may add something?,,

Do femap have  Mohr-Coulumb material model? Mohr-Coulumb material model is one of ways to model soil.

Solution
Solution
Accepted by topic author AsyrafIbrahim
‎08-26-2015 04:32 AM

Various yield criteria, such as von Mises or Tresca (for metals) and Mohr-Coulomb or
Drucker-Prager (for frictional materials, such as soils or concrete), can be selected. So if you are OK to use one of these yield creterion and plasticity.  Material Non­linearity can be set-up using the Model -> Material menu and choosing the Nonlinear button.

Regards

Pavel