Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trouble importing CP and CE from ANSYS into NX NASTRAN

Experimenter
Experimenter
I'm trying to import some ANSYS models via the CDB option and convert them to solve using NX NASTRAN. I've had success with simple loads (force and pressure) and displacement constraints but I've been having trouble with CP and CE. Coupled nodes (CP) are imported as simulation objects in the ANSYS sim. According to the documentation couples are classified as constraints in NX NASTRAN. I have not been able to transfer the couples to an ANSYS solution apparently because it would require a conversion from sim object to constraint which is not available thru version 8.5. Further, I have not been able to observe that the importer reads the CE definitions at all, in spite of the fact that they are listed by the "By card name" option under the "Selective Import" section of the "Import Simulation" dialog.

Any help or advice would be appreciated.
5 REPLIES

Re: Trouble importing CP and CE from ANSYS into NX NASTRAN

Innovator
Innovator
Hello!,
Post your model here to see the error exactly, I can take a look to it.
Best regards,
Blas.

Experimenter
Experimenter
I've attached a simple ANSYS CDB with 1 couple and 1 constraint equation. Thanks for your help.

Innovator
Innovator
Hello!,
What I see is that CP command is imported correcrly in NX 8.1 Advanced Simulation coupling UY displacements between tthe wo nodes.
Regarding CE command is missing at all, not any error or warning message in the import log file. Please contact GTAC and report the problem.
If I change to FEMAP V10.3.1 the import is done correctly, both CP & CE commands appear in the model, first translated as a Rigid RBE2 element coupling DOF TY (see master & slave node in the screen) and the second one translated as a Constraint Equation:

Best regards,
Blas.

Experimenter
Experimenter
I agree that the CP are imported into the ANSYS SIM. My problem is that they can't be moved from the ANSYS SIM to an NX NASTRAN solution. FEMAP looks attractive but unfortunately it's not an option at my site. Thanks for your efforts.

Innovator
Innovator
Dear Jemmerson,
Please contact GTAC and file an Enhanced Request (ER), if the required feature is not available in any way in current release of NX 8.1 Advanced Simulation I am sure that in next release it will be supported for sure!!.
Best regards,
Blas.