cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

*** USER FATAL MESSAGE 300 (RCARD)

Creator
Creator

Hello guys,

I'm writing my thesis on additive manufacturing and I need to use the tool NX nastran optimization topology on the program NX11.
I could't use this tool, so I followed the instructions from this link on youtube:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pTGx5VyFPvI

I followed everything, but at the end when I try to run the simulation I get this message:

*** USER FATAL MESSAGE 300 (RCARD)
DATA ERROR IN FIELD UNDERLINED

Can you please help me? or maybe do you have an handbook about NX nastran optimization topology?

4 REPLIES

Re: *** USER FATAL MESSAGE 300 (RCARD)

Siemens Genius Siemens Genius
Siemens Genius

Hi VincenoL

Simple first check. Go to your Region and Language format tab settings, on your workstation and manually set the Decimal symbol to a point, instead of a comma. I found a gtac article that had the same problem and this was a fixoptimization topology?

Regards

Paul

Creator
Creator

Dear Paul,

I really thank you for your help, I did as you wrote and now I don't have more that problem.

Unfortunately I have another problem now, I will be glad if you can help me again. These pictures are the screenshots of the windows in NX11 where I have some problem for the optimization. 

In the first one, I don't know how to set the numbers, because in a tutorial on youtube I have seen the the value "Residual Mass (ITORMASS)" was set at 0, but in my case this doen't work, I got another error. So I set the numbers as you see in the Figure1 but I don't know if it's right.

In the Figure2, you can see the menu for setting the output "Normalized Material Density". I set everything as you can see from the picture, but I don't know if it's right again.

In the Figure3, I don't know to which value I should set the threshold of the kinetic energy.

In the Figure4, after the analysis I check the "Normalized Material Density" but I can't get a good result because everything is with the number 1, nothing was optimized.

Thanks for the attention and for your help,

Regards

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

For Top Opt, Strain and Kinetic Energty output should be requested and the threshold should be set to 0.0 for both. This should be noted in the output of the solution setup wizard.

Creator
Creator
Hi JimB,
thanks for your answer, I change these settings on my analysis. I still have the other problems, do you know how to solve them?

Best regards