Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Solved! Go to solution

USER FATAL MESSAGE 6207 (NXAC)

Hello everyone,

I am currently trying to simulate my test setup using SOL101, which includes a sandwich configuration. I am using the Surface-to-Surface Contact function in NX Nastran to simulate the contact at the top and the bottom of the middle structure. The total number of elements selected for contact is around 60,000 (CQUAD at 1.8mm). When I try to solve I obtain the following error:

*** USER FATAL MESSAGE 6207 (NXAC)
INSUFFICIENT MEMORY SPECIFIED FOR NASTRAN RUN
PLEASE INCREASE THE MEMORY SPECIFIED AND RE-SUBMIT THE JOB

I've changed the buffsize in the RCF file to 32769, but still it is not working. Is this a spill problem with my RAM? I have 8 GB of RAM and a 500GB SSD with 160 GB free. Do you have any suggestions about how to fix it? When I activate only the bottom side of the contact, the simulation runs. Below, I have copied the .F04 file messages. Thank you for your help.

1 REPLY
Solution
Solution
Accepted by topic author s_dermen
‎03-09-2016 01:48 PM

Re: USER FATAL MESSAGE 6207 (NXAC)

Dear Stefanos,

This error used to be very common in old versions of NX NASTRAN when the keyword mem=estimate was included in the *.RCF NX NASTRAN file, but modern versions of NX NASTRAN V10.X includes more reasonable memory management procedure:

memory=.45*physical
smem=20.0X

If you are running an old version of NX NASTRAN simply edit the memory section in your preprocessor (you don't mention if you are using FEMAP or NX CAE) and increase the RAM memory dedicated to the NX NASTRAN solver to run the current job: do not assign too much RAM memory, if you have ONLY 8 GB RAM (this is clear insuficient!!) first try with say 2 GB and if the error persist then enter 3 GB and so run this way.

Best regards,

Blas.

Blas Molero Hidalgo, Ingeniero Industrial, Director
IBERISA • 48004 BILBAO (SPAIN)
WEB: http://www.iberisa.com
Blog Femap-NX Nastran: http://iberisa.wordpress.com/