Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What does the A3 represent in the Pre-defined friction models FRICMOD 4

Pioneer
Pioneer

Hi

I find the doc "NX Nastran Advanced Nonlinear Theory and Modeling Guide" a little ambiguous. What does the "A3" parameter represent in the the Pre-defined friction models FRICMOD = 4.

FRICMOD-4.jpg

regards

Paul

2 REPLIES

Re: What does the A3 represent in the Pre-defined friction models FRICMOD 4

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

In the paragraph above the referenced equation, udot is defined as the relative sliding velocity.

As shown in the image in your post, FRICMOD=4 is a friction model with different static and dynamic coefficients of friction.

A3 is therefore the relative sliding velocity where the change between static and dynamic friction occurs. For relative sliding velocities less than or equal to A3, the static coefficient (defined by A1) is used. For relative sliding velocities greater than A3, the dynamic coefficient (defined by A2) is used. 

Re: What does the A3 represent in the Pre-defined friction models FRICMOD 4

Pioneer
Pioneer

Hey Jim, I have managed to get my solution to 94% converged and it is crushing/collapsing correctly (as seen in previous 90tn press crush tests). There is however some element penetration toward the end of the crush that I cannot seem to get rid of. Could you  please have a look at my sim/fem files attached? Run a solve and have a look at the results and provide some feedback? Thanks