cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where can man find TPL (NX Nastran Test Problem Library) input files

Experimenter
Experimenter

Hello,

Now I have a problem in Rotor Dynamics problem with NX Nastran and would like to refer examples of NX Nastran.

Page 75 of NX 9.0 Rotor Dynamics Users' Guide says 'Input files (.dat files) for all the examples described in this chapter are included in the NX Nastran Test Problem Library, which is located in the install_dir/nxnr/nast/tpl directory' .

I've tried many methodes and spended much time but unfortunately I still can not find these files. The software is fully installed.

Could somebody kindly tell me, where can man access these TPL files ?

Best Regards

Tex

3 REPLIES

Re: Where can man find TPL (NX Nastran Test Problem Library) input files

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Tex,

The instructuions are fairly clear so I'm not sure how much additional help I can provide. In the path given (install_dir/nxnr/nast/tpl), "install_dir" is specific to your system and refers to the top level location where NX Nastran is installed. It was specified at the time of installation. For example, it may be something like "C:\Program Files\Siemens\NX Nastran" or something like "C:\apps\NXN".

The install_dir folder should contain the following sub-folders:

acct

bin

conf

nxnr

The "r" in "nxnr" should be replaced with the release number. This may include a point release. nxnr will be something like:

nxn8

nxn8p1

nxn8p5

nxn9

nxn9p1

So, if you are running NX Nastran 9.0 installed in C:\apps\NXNastran, the full path to the tpl directory would be:

C:\apps\NXNastran\nxn9\nast\tpl

It is also important to note that the tpl is an optional installation item. If "Advanced Example Files" was not selected for installation, the tpl directory will not exist in the folder structure shown above. If that is the case, you will need to update the installation to include the "Advanced Example Files" component.

NXN_Install_Dialog.png

Siemens Genius Siemens Genius
Siemens Genius

Hello,

If you are using the NX Nastran install that comes with NX, you may not have the TPL folder. However, if you are installing NX Nastran as a separate install, as Jim Bernard pointed out, these files are in the tpl folder

Easwaran

Experimenter
Experimenter

JimB and Easwaran,

Thank you so much for your quick response and professional answers. Now with your hints I have solve this Problem. To access TPL Library man should install NX Nastran seprately instead of NX that includes Nastran.

Frankly speaking, I was confused with this problem during the entire Christmas holidays. Now I need to read the examples carefully.

Thank you again and best regards.

Tex