cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

change element type of solved Nx Model and solve again

Pioneer
Pioneer

Hi 

I face difficulty with reusing the solved model of NX and re-edit them.

I am not sure what is the files to import and steps needed to follow.

I import the simulation file data of NASTRAN which imports the sim, and fem files only without the master part. Then I import the results op2. 

when I want to edit the mesh only (change element type) and repeat the analysis, I cannot edit the mesh (2D) as the right click, get no edit, as the options start with edit display.

if you have a quick answer or a reference to follow will be grateful, as I have had to repeat the models from the beginning.

Thanks  

2 REPLIES

Re: change element type of solved Nx Model and solve again

Phenom
Phenom

if you impart the .dat file then you end up with "dumb" mesh which cannot be edited - There is no geometry association anymore. For some simple stuff sometime you can create "simple" geo and do a node association. You can manually do whatever you want to the elements/nodes obviously.

Production: NX9.0.3.4, NX10.0.2.6
Development: VB.NET (amateur level !)

Re: change element type of solved Nx Model and solve again

Pioneer
Pioneer

If you are building the original mesh using NX then you don't want to import the simulation results but open the original .fem and .sim file that were linked to the master part.

If you didn't build the mesh using NX then you'll need to use the tools in the Nodes and Elements tab of the menu bar (or Menu > Edit > Element in the Menu tree) to modify the elements. Because you said you're looking to modify the element type you'll probably need to use either the Modify Order... or Modify Type... tool.