Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

forward/backward whirl

i am trying to model a forward/backward whirl for a engine blade at various rpms. how do you model this in nx ? thanks

6 REPLIES

Re: forward/backward whirl

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Run a rotordynamics analysis in SOL 107-112.

See the Rotordynamics User's Guide for more information.

Creator
Creator
where can i get the user's guide ?

Siemens Phenom

The Rotor Dynamics Users Guide is in the NX Nastran documentation. If this is a bundled NX installation, see the NX docs and navigate to CAE, NX Nastran, NX Nastran Rotor Dynamics User's Guide.

NX Nastran documentation is also available online at:

https://support.industrysoftware.automation.siemens.com/docs/nastran/

Creator
Creator
i have run the rotordynamics analysis using SOL 107. now i need to extract first and second pair of natural frequencies for
1. various rpms 0,2000,4000 etc. for both forward & backward whirl

how do i do this ?

Siemens Phenom

This data should be printed inthe .f06 file.

If you include PARAM, ROTCSV in your deck, Campbell diagram data is written to a .csv file that can be opened in a spreadsheet for plotting.

See Chapter 4 (Interpretation of Rotor Dynamics Output) of the Rotordynamics User's Guide. Section 4.3 covers the .csv output.

We also provide a journal (%UGII_BASE_DIR%\UGOPEN\SampleNXOpenApplications\.NET\CAE\CampbellCsvToAfu) to process this .csv file and create AFU records that can be plotted in the NX Function Navigator.

Creator
Creator

also, this is a cyclically symmetric modal analysis. a rotating, hollow shaft is built in at one end and has a thin, rigid disc attached at the other. 1/40th of the rotor is modelled using brick elements. how do i assign cyclic symmetry boundary conditions to this model, and where do i apply them. thank you.