Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

op2 reading fortran samples

Experimenter
Experimenter
Hi all

Are they any fortran samples to read op2 file (sol101).
I need the following information for post processing purpose:
- node label and coordinates
- nodal csys
- element label and connectivity
- element properties (thickness)
- displacement results
- stress
- element force
-grid point force)

The elements we use are: cbar,cbeam,cquad,ctri,ctetra,chexa (1rst or 2nd order) + rbe2,rbe3

Any information about op2 formats and tag locating will help.
3 REPLIES

Re: op2 reading fortran samples

Creator
Creator
I don't know of any publicly available OUTPUT2 readers. I believe that a number of companies provide code to do this, though I don't know whether you'd be able to find any FORTRAN source code. We (ATA Engineering) have a MATLAB toolbox called IMAT that reads OUTPUT2 data into MATLAB, but it's actually written in C and not in FORTRAN.

If you want to write your own FORTRAN routines you'll need to read the DMAP programmer's manual to figure out the internal format of the datablocks that you're interested in. If you really want to pursue this further you might want to consider joining the nastrandmap discussion group on YAHOO groups. There are a number of old time Nastran users on there, and someone might be able to help you.
Paul Blelloch, Ph.D.
Director, Aerospace Analysis
ATA Engineering, Inc.
11995 El Camino Real
San Diego, CA 92130
(858) 480-2065

Pioneer
Pioneer
We've had great success post-processing massive amounts of models through journaling. VB.net is quite easy to learn, also C++ is available for this task. The benefit is you don't need any extra license. NX 7.0 opened up the post-processing API and NX7.5 added even more functionality. :cool:

Experimenter
Experimenter
We've had great success post-processing massive amounts of models through journaling. VB.net is quite easy to learn, also C++ is available for this task. The benefit is you don't need any extra license. NX 7.0 opened up the post-processing API and NX7.5 added even more functionality. :cool:

Thank you for the idea.

Our objective using op2 file was also to use fem data as element thickness, nodal csys ...
Using journaling you cannot acces nodal csys for example.

Any way, once you have read results in postview , how to proceed to display postprocessing result like an equivalent stress scalar.
I think ,You need to generate new result file (like op2) and to import it in postview.