cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Yes or No" option for Distribute Mass in the Mesh Associated Data dialog box for CONM2

Experimenter
Experimenter
Hello.

I've got a question about the "Yes or No" option for Distribute Mass in the Mesh Associated Data dialog box for 0D Mesh command when using the CONM2 element.

So far I've seen examples(from NX 8 Help Documentation: 0D Meshing Tutorial, etc.) ONLY using the "No" option for Distribute Mass, so I'd like to know & learn their(Yes and No option respective) applications.

Q: Could any NX CAE user share some further information/explanations for the Yes and No options respectively?

I've noticed the following information from "NX Nastran Advanced Dynamic Analysis User's Guide: Dynamic Modeling Options > Mass Modeling > Mass Data Input Options":

3.Concentrated mass and inertia terms at a grid point via a CONM2 Bulk Data entry. The provisions of the CONM2 entry are the mass, the offset of the center of mass from the grid point, and the moments and products of inertia about the center of mass. As an option, the center of mass may be measured from the origin of the basic coordinate system rather than as an offset from the grid point.

- The above description seems to cover almost all the things available in the Mesh Associated Data dialog box for 0D Mesh command, except the explanation for Yes or No option for Distribute Mass.

Or I should read the relevant information in "other sections" of the NX 8 Help Documentation which I'd not noticed so far. At the moment, I couldn't find any further information about it in the "Advanced Simulation > Physical properties and element attributes > Element and mesh attributes".
--> Please advise accordingly.

Thanks in advance for any advice!

Cheers.
KY
NX 8 CAE user
1 REPLY

Re: "Yes or No" option for Distribute Mass in the Mesh Associated Data dialog box for CONM2

Creator
Creator
Hi,

I have been recently told by Siemens Support that this option is NX, and not NXNASTRAN option.

If you create more than one 0D element at a time, it enables you to distribute the mass over the multiple 0D elements or to have any OD element with the defined mass.

This should appear in the documentation in the future.

yours sincerely,
Cyril SAINTIGNY