Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

reduction for dynamic analysis

i have a rectangular cube modeled with 3 20-node hex elements (picture attached). i need to perform guyan reduction at the nodes G1 to G12. how do i perform this analysis in nx9? can some1 please list all steps in detail ? thank you.

8 REPLIES

Re: reduction for dynamic analysis

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Select the DOF that you want to reduce to into the a-set. This is done via ASET bulk data entries.

See Section 10.3 of the User's Guide.

Creator
Creator
Many thanks Jim. if possible, can you please paste some screenshots of the same.

Siemens Phenom

This is done on the Bulk Data tab of the Solution dialog. Create a DOF Set to use as the A-Set:

EditSolution.png

Creator
Creator
yes, i have selected the nodes and created the a-set. after running the analysis, which output do i look for ?

Creator
Creator
where can i get the user's guide ?

Siemens Genius Siemens Genius
Siemens Genius

The size of the matrix that is solved (look for 4157 message)  would be different with and without the a-set reduction

Siemens Phenom

The Users Guide is in the NX Nastran documentation. If this is a bundled NX installation, see the NX docs and navigate to CAE, NX Nastran, NX Nastran User's Guide.

NX Nastran documentation is also available online at:

https://support.industrysoftware.automation.siemens.com/docs/nastran

do i need to define the elements as superelements before running the analysis ? i am unable to find the 4157 message. please help.