Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

solution type for structural analysis in which material properties depend on temperature?

Creator
Creator

In a structural analysis problem a plate is constrained at one edge and pressure applied on the opposite edge.Temperature load also applied on the body and material properties are dependant on temperature.Its a plane stress problem. In each subcase I have to apply different Material temperature.I tried sol 106 and sol 601, but I cant apply different material temperature in each subcase. I tried NX multiphysics also. I dont know whether multiphysics support 2D geometry. I am using NX 9.1. Please suggest Solver and Solution type to be used for this purpose.

1 REPLY

Re: solution type for structural analysis in which material properties depend on temperature?

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

TEMPERATURE(MATERIAL) is only supported for linear solution sequences and must be specified in the global case. In these solutions, material properties are evaluated at the start of the solution and remain constant throughout.

For nonlinear solution sequences, TEMPERATURE(MATERIAL) is not supported and will result in a FATAL error. Temperature dependent material properties are updated based on the TEMPERATURE(LOAD).

See Remark 9 under Case Control TEMPERATURE card in the QRG.