Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Solved! Go to solution

time dependant temperature field in NX 10 multiphysics

I am using multi step non linear static analysis in NX 10 multiphysics. I have to create 280 time steps and apply different temperature and pressure at each time step. So I created time dependant temperature field and pressure field and applied globally. But multiphysics is not supporting time dependant temperature load at the time of solving and showing an error as shown below.

In the problem material properties are temperature dependant. How I can solve this issue?

4 REPLIES
Solution
Solution
Accepted by topic author Syamjith
‎08-26-2015 04:32 AM

Re: time dependant temperature field in NX 10 multiphysics

I'm guessing that you created a temperature load with Type=Temperature, then created a time vs. temperature field to define the magnitude. If so, then this is not the right workflow. Note at the bottom of the dialog that Type=Temperature is exported to TEMP.

When you create the temperature load, set the TYPE to Temperature-Time Assigned. Note that this changes the card name at the bottom of the dialog to DTEMP. Then create a field with the appropriate independent domain.

Thanks Jim, its working.

But while importing temperature field values through .csv file, if two consecutive time step values and curresponding temperature values are almost similar (eg:1)time 2.5432 s, temp 567.678 C  2) time 2.5438 s, temp 567.672) NX rejects second time step and shows a message that duplicate lookup values discarded. While creating solution from condition sequence also almost similar time step discarded. How I can avoid this?

I've talked to our developers and their thoughts are that the specific numbers you cited should be outside of the coincidence tolerance so they should not have been discarded. They would like to see the data file so they can debug the issue. Could you post the .csv file here if the data is not proprietary. If it is proprietary/restricted, please log an IR with GTAC and upload the file using their web tool so that it can be marked correctly.

Hi Jim,

Thanks for your reply.

I have attached a screen shot of conditional sequence manager. While creating solution from condition sequence instead of creating time steps 604.729, 604.730 and 604.736, NX creates only one time step 604.7. How I can create all imported time steps?