Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Solved! Go to solution

1D to 2D mesh connection

Hellow everyone! I`m making a wing pannel and now its time to make a analyses, but there is a one problem..  I need to connect 1D element (made on a curve) with 2D element (surface). I know, that it possible to go to "duplicate nodes" and connect 1d to 2d, but the result is horrible.. I need straight stringers! Maybe there is a way to connect them like "edge to surface gluing" or something else. Thank you for your answers!

5 REPLIES

Betreff: 1D to 2D mesh connection

Hi,

did you try to split your surface into 5 subs surfaces?

Function: "Divide Face", as partening object use your stringer curves.

Afterwards you can mesh your surface with 2D-elements and the surface edges with beam elements.

Pay attention in using the right edges and not the curves used for dividing. Then you don't have to merge duplicate nodes, either.

The best way is using linear shell elements because there are no beams with midside nodes, as far as I know. In NX10 these elements are pretty usable in most cases.

The reason is, that meshing surface and edges of a surface can double the number of nodes positioned at edge every meshing update. I did notice such a behavior in NX 8.5, to get rid of it, you have to delete the mesh and start at the beginning.

Try it!

Best wishes, Michael

Thank you, Michael! I didnt realise that I can just divide face.. Now everything is working pretty good for me) Thanks again!!!!

All right.

Last hint: If you look for a special functionallity it is a good start to use the "Command Finder" and feed it with short phrases describing the action you are seeking.

If you insert "Split face" you will get all commands splitting or dividing faces in a short summary.

All right.

Last hint: If you look for a special functionallity it is a good start to use the "Command Finder" and feed it with short phrases describing the action you are seeking.

If you insert "Split face" you will get all commands splitting or dividing faces in a short summary. (here NX 8.5.2)

I hope your questions are gone now.

So, please mark the thread as solved ("Accept as solution").

Best wishes, Michael

Solution
Solution
Accepted by topic author RongeldCAE
‎02-08-2017 06:15 AM

All right.

If you insert "Split face" you will get all commands splitting or dividing faces in a short summary. (here NX 8.5.2)

CommandFinder_001.png

I hope your questions are gone now.

So, please mark the thread as solved ("Accept as solution").

Best wishes, Michael