cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backface culling

Pioneer
Pioneer
Hello Expert,
I'm using NX-7.5, in FEM, to know the top and bottom side of the elements, instead of displaying the element normals we can able to identify top side of the elements by backface culling option

my question is

1) I found the option of backface culling in PREFERENCES, how should i put an icon of it on my window so that every time i need not go for long path of going to PREFERNCES then selecting or deselecting backface culling option

2) Second query is when i select backface culling option bottom side of the elements are completely transperant, for this can i reduce the transperency to certain level so that i can able to work more effectively.

Regards,
Dev
6 REPLIES

Re: Backface culling

Innovator
Innovator
Dear Dev,
"Backface Culling" icon is there in the postprocessing toolbar, simply make sure to make it visible in the screen.
Best regards,
Blas.

Pioneer
Pioneer
Thank you Mr.Blas for your kind reply...but
in my computer i could not able to locate backface culling option, under customize ....
but i could able to find it in preferences---->visualization performance preferences---->general graphics
i need this option in fem and sim not in post processing
Note: i could find it in the path that i mentioned above but having icon on screen simplifies my work.
Thanks in advance.
Regards,
Dev

Innovator
Innovator
Dear Dev,
First at al you need to visualize the toolbar POSTPROCESSING, then the Backface Culling icon command will be active not only in potsprocessing but also in FEM & SIM environment.
In NX AdvSim you have many, many toolbars to activate, right click in any empty space of the area where are docked all the current toolbars and you will see a full list of all the toolbars, make sure to select POSTPROCESSING.
Maybe it could be a problem with your role. Test ROLE "Advanced with Full menus".
Best regards,
Blas.

Pioneer
Pioneer
Mr. Blas,
I tried all the options suggested by you, with the role "Advanced with full menus" & by visualizing the post processing tool bar, i could find set results, identify, edit post view etc... but backface culling and the left side of the backface culling option that is shown in the image that you have posted above...
Is there any installation problem or NX 7.5 does not support this feature.
Please help me out.
Many thanks.
Thanks & Regards,
Dev.

Innovator
Innovator
Dear Dev,
Sorry, I didn't realized that you run NX AdvSim version 7.5, please update to version 8.0 as soon as possible, this is very important when running CAE application. I do not remember if "backface culling" is a GENUINE feature of NX 8.0 or was implemented in the last versions of NX 7.5.1 or NX 7.5.2 released in 2010, but release 8.0.2 include it for sure.
Best regards,
Blas.

Solution Partner Phenom Solution Partner Phenom
Solution Partner Phenom
From what I can test it's in NX7.5.3 and upwards. Install one of the NX Maintenance Releases (NX7.5.3 or NX7.5.4 or NX7.5.5) and you have the icon.
Anthony Galante - Senior Support Engineer - PhoenxPLM (Australia & New Zealand Siemens Solutions Partner)
http://www.phoenxplm.com.au/email/2014_signature/signature_videoCenter.jpg