I tried to model a bilinear spring which works only in tension in SOL 106. Therefore, I make use of a CBUSH collector and I define a Length-Force diagram in the PBUSHT dependent properties. However, the solution does not converge. When I perform the same model with a simple spring with a given stiffness, then the model works well.
Does anyone have any experience in modelling springs which only work in tension or compression?
as no-one did answer you, I will try to support you.
First, if you already did find a solution, that would be great. Let's hear me, I'm very interested in.
Otherwise I try to help you finding answers.
1. What version of NX do you use?
2. Could you give me some explanations of your model like
- description of element types, (3D, 2D, ...)
- load and constraints and
- parameter settings for bilinear behavior of your CBUSH-element,
- TABLE definition and the entry where you did reference it.
- Is your CBUSH-element 0D or 1D?
- Did you define nominal values, too?
I think a set of pictures is the best way.
Please also provide a deformation plot of your "linear CBUSH-element" solution.
3. What kind of deformation do you expect?
4. Did you try GAP-elements or Contact-elements to get rid of your problems?
Best wishes, Michael