Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Solved! Go to solution

Deleting Subcase Results in OP2

Hello Experts,

is it possible to erase the result values of a subcase in an already solved OP2-File?

I have a simulation in NX 8.5.2 with multiple subcases of a contact problem in one simulation solution and some of them didn't converge.

The solving time is really large and therefore I did clone the simulation solution and did delete the load cases which are correctly solved and did recalculate the not converged subcases alone. Now I have two simulation solutions with the same subcases solved twice.

Can I erase the subcases solved incorrectly from the first OP2-file without destroying the results of the subcases solved correctly? - I believe that deleting the subcases in the first simulation solution will ether destroy my OP2-file completely or doesn't have an effect and I or other colleagues can use the wrong subcase results unintended.

Any suggestion is welcome.

Best wishes, Michael

2 REPLIES

Re: Deleting Subcase Results in OP2

Michael,

Nobody has replied yet, so... I've never heard of any software that can edit an OP2 file. One expert here thought it might be possible to write a new OP2 from an existing one via DMAP, but then backed off on that thought because he didn't believe there would be a way to pick/choose which subcase results to keep, and which to remove.

Regards,

Mark

Solution
Solution
Accepted by topic author MiDi1791
‎11-22-2016 09:45 AM

Re: Deleting Subcase Results in OP2

Mark,

thank you for answering.

After thinking about the problem I thought already that there will be no way for doing what I wanted to do. So here is my workaround: I rename the subcases which I don't want to use in "WRONG_LC***" in my simulation file. And that new name is overwriting the old one in the OP2 file as long as I open the SIM before using the results.

So I have a MARKER in header of post processor if using the wrong subcase.

I think, more cannot be done.

Best wishes, Michael