Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Export deformed geometry back to NX Modeling

Hi
is there any way to export a deformed geometry back to NX Modeling.
A beam is deformed by a force (NX NASTRAN). The deformed geometry is required in NX Modeling for a collision check...

Thanks in advance.

Best regards

Franz
7 REPLIES

Re: Export deformed geometry back to NX Modeling

[ Edited ]
Dear Franz,
The attached video in AVI format explains how to perform a deformed mesh in NX AdvSim.
Best regards,
Blas.

[ Edited ]
Dear Blas,

Thanks for your assistance. In the attached pdf file you can see my proceeding. To get the deformed mesh is o.k.
Do you know how I can get the deformed polygon geometry and how I can write back this deformed geometry to the CAD NX Modeling Tool.

Thanks in advance.

Franz

f.pichl@multitest.com
www.multitest.com

Dear Franz,
You can use the Face from Mesh command (located in the Model CleanUp menu) to create a new polygon face from a either selected set of 2D elements or 3D element faces. The elements you select to create the new face become the initial mesh on that face. You can then make modifications to the new face or its associated mesh.

The Face from Mesh command is helpful when you need to:

Associate an existing finite element model to new geometry.
    Connect shell meshes that are not associated to any geometry.
    Locally refine a region of a mesh that is not associated to any geometry.
You can later modify the mesh on that face. For example, you could use the 2D Mesh command to regenerate the entire mesh on that face, or you could use the 2D Local Remesh command to refine a subset of those elements.

Best regards,
Blas.

Dear Blas,

The command "Face from Mesh" does not work?!
I can't select 2D or 3D Element Free Face
My NX Version is 7.5.2.5

Do you have any idea?

Thanks for your help.

Franz

f.pichl@multitest.com
www.multitest.com

[ Edited ]
Franz,

Face from mesh only operates on meshes that aren't associated with geometry. That's not the case with your model. NX does support deformation of sheet body geometry using the Global Deformation command in Modeling. There are tricks to get it to work on solid body geometry too. The command is based upon 2 files containing point location data (i.e. undeformed and deformed nodes in the CAE context).

Typically one would deform a copy of the geometry that was used to create the mesh, but you can deform the original geometry as well. I've attached a 1 slide PPT that describes the command. It has a link to an AVI that I can't attach but I can provide it to you via FTP if you are interested.

The Global Deformation command requires an advanced freeform license. In certain instances it requires a die engineering license too, but that requirement is being removed in future versions. If you are unable to run the command, contact GTAC for a demo of it and go from there.

Regards,
Mark

Hello Mark,

Thanks for your assistance.
Can you please provide me the avi.

Thanks and best regrads.

Franz

Franz,

I uploaded an AVI for you at ftp:\\ftp.ugs.com\scratch

The file name is DeformCAD.1.avi. You gain access to the FTP site with your Webkey account. It will be on the FTP site for 3 days, then automatically deleted.

Regards,
Mark