Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Find elements causing divergence in Flow Solver

I have set the "3D Flow Solver --> Transient Iteration Limit" to 300. My simulation failed to converge within the given limits as seen below. Is there any particular file or method which will help me locate the elements where the divergence occurred? That will help me debug the problem. Please do suggest any better approach if possible.

Coupled - Transient Iterations vs Time.png

Thanks in advance.

3 REPLIES

Re: Find elements causing divergence in Flow Solver

Not converging doesn't necessarily mean diverging...  Are you sure it's diverging?

There are tons of advanced parameters that might help your model converge, I suggest you ask the MAYA folks, they know their stuff pretty darn well :-)

Thanks for the reply. This is how it looks. I am not sure whether they are diverging or not. They remain in the specific value band until iteration limit is reached. What would be your conclusions regarding this?

issue.png

That's what I thought, it's not diverging...  You might want to "play" with relaxation and/or other advanced parameters, or simply loosen the convergence criteria...  I'd really recomend talking to MAYA directly at this point.