Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fuse 2 prts before going to mesh and simulation

Siemens Valued Contributor Siemens Valued Contributor
Siemens Valued Contributor

Hi.

I have two separate prts create in NX CAE Modelling (sketch-> ...). I know I can "assembly" them. But is there a way to "unit" (.i.e fuse) them  to obtain one unique body before meshing it and computing it ?

Thanks

Philippe

5 REPLIES

Re: Fuse 2 prts before going to mesh and simulation

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Philippe,

You can switch to the Modeling application and use the "Unite" command.

Regards,

Jim

???

In Modelling I create a part call "2cubes". I add another part "cube.prt"

In "Unite" I can select the "2cubes" one (screenshot1), but I cannot select the "cube" (screenshot2)

Note: to add "cube", I use the "Add component" tool (screenshot3): wrong tool perhaps ?

Phil

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Phillipe,

You really don't need to create an assembly to do this. Instead of creating an assembly and adding a componnet, you could do a File, Import, Part to get both parts in the same file, then unite them.

You can also use unite on the assembly. When you select the Target body, you are limited to picking bodies in the work part only. When you select the Tool body, you are also limited to bodies in the work part by default. However, you can change the selectopn filter to "Entire Assembly" to be able to pick bodies in other components. See the attached image.

Regards,

Jim

Yeeeeeeeeees !

Thank you for this clear answer. Sorry for such a (perhaps) stupid question, because since the good old times of SDRC, I'm a FEM guy... CAO/CAD is new to me.

This forum is great and it discharges QTAC for handling so basic questions.

Thanks for all Jim

Phil

Siemens Experimenter Siemens Experimenter
Siemens Experimenter

Hi philippe,

in NX CAE you also can use Mesh Mating conditions. You can define a meshing constraint on 2 faces of adjacent bodies. NX will automatically split the face to the common face and apply a mesh mating condition. You will get a coincident mesh without the need of doing a unite in Modelin.

You can use this feature also for coincident meshes for contact definitions. In this case do not select "glue coincident" but "free coincident".

Just look for "mesh mating" in the command finder when you are in FEM.

Boris