I just started my experience witn SOL 106/601 and immediately meet some problemm with simple analysis. Please help as below:
I tried to simulate a contact between two solid bodies (both steel) and include nonlnearities of material and large stran/displacement effect. Just to begin work with this solver I created a model shown below. Unfortunately the analysis does not run. Can anyone help me with that ? There is no tutorials in original documentation showin how to start with such analysis so it's qutie hard to get into the topic.
I modeled the bulb and plate. The enforced displacement is defined: time vs DOF3. Simple contact is added as shown below:
I get the information as below...
NASTRAN Msg: ***WARNING: Contact surface compliance not used for contact group 100. Contact compliance can improve the solution accuracy and convergence rate. NASTRAN Msg: ***WARNING: No element connection for node 1 directions 4, 5, 6 ***WARNING: Similar warning suppressed for 7449 other nodes. NASTRAN Msg: ***WARNING: Nodal degrees of freedom without element connection have been fixed for data input file. NASTRAN Msg: *** FATAL ERROR: SOL 601 DID NOT FINISH SUCCESSFULLY. *** ADVANCED NONLINEAR EXIT CODE 0 *** NASTRAN Msg: ^^^ USER FATAL MESSAGE ^^^ ERROR IN ADVANCED NONLINEAR MODULE 0 Total messages: 3 WARNINGS and 2 FATALS
Can anyone help please ?
I would like to continue this thread,
Now two questions:
1. Please can anyone say what is wrong with this model (attached zip) ? There are 3 solutions:
- Linear static (SOL101) - works ok (converge but of course the stress are too high to take to take them into account, so that's why I would like to run non-liear solution)
- Non-linear static - with load = 10 x normal gravity - works ok
- Non-linear with line load with ramp-function (same as in SOL101) - does not crash but not all the load is applied (only 5 steps are perfomred) - the question is why?
2. Is there anywhere available a list of NX Nastran non-linear warnings, simmilar to the list for Linear Static Solver? Often there are warnings with A-prefix, but I can not find such list with deeper explanation of the problem.
Great thanks for help
first take a look at this documentation in docs.plm.automation.siemens.com for NX10:
Max be you will find your answers there.
1. Check your meshing, I think you use only one layer of linear brick-elements in your plate and I think, that's not enough.
2. Take a look into NXSTAT description. There you will find all parameters relevant for nonlinear analysis in SOL 601
3. Make familiar with ATS, TLA-S, ...
4. Start to dig into nonlinear problems with enthusiasm ;-)
Good luck and best wishes,