Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Has anybody used the Send to NX Window command in NX 10?

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

In looking thru the What's new in NX 10 help documentation to find out what new features I want to try I noticed on the General functions and graphing enhancements page

page the following,

"You can move the display of a graph from an independent graph window to be superimposed on the NX graphics window. To do this, use the Send to NX Window command."

But I cannot find the Send to NX Window command in NX 10 nor any other help pages on it.

Has anyone used that command and can point me to where it's located? I'd also be interested in any feedback on how well it works and what the results look like when using it.

Thanks,

James Dunn

5 REPLIES

Re: Has anybody used the Send to NX Window command in NX 10?

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

That nomenclature in the docs may be out of date. Command finder doesn't return anything when "Send to" is entered...

If you have a graph in an independent (floating) window, expand the Toolbar and pick the rightmost icon (Graphics Window Manager). That will open a separate dialog. You can highlight any existing graphics window in the list and pick "Make Current" to move the graph to the main graphics region. Conversely, you can pick "Make Floating" to move the graph fromt he main graphics region to it's own window.

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

There is a separate What's new in NX 10 page for the Graphics Window Manager but making a window floating or making it current doesn't seem to offer the same functionality that was listed for the Send to NX Window command which was to superimpose a graph window on the NX graphics window.

Maybe this superimposement enhancement was planned but didn't get implemented in NX10.

Siemens Phenom

I'm 99% certain that Jim has the right answer. I do recall during the NX 10 development cycle that the UI related to graph windows management changed. The documentation didn't keep pace with the changes. The act of moving a graph from a separate window to the main graphics window generates a new graph display in the main graphics window. It never was intended to superimpose a graph on top of the existing display. It overwrites the existing display with the graph. The documentation is misleading there.

Regards,

Mark

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Jim & Mark,

Thanks for clearing this up for me. I was kind of excited about the potential of overlaying virtual strain gage time vector results on top of a larger color contour plot. Looks like I'll have to keep doing that in powerpoint.

Siemens Phenom

Can you post an image of the end result you are trying to achieve (i.e. the Powerpoint magic)?