cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hello everybody! I am using the Space Systems thermal analysis package, and have a few questions

Experimenter
Experimenter

First off, is there any documentation besides the one tutorial for how to use this package?  I ask because I don't understand what a lot of the commands are actually doing. For the record, I am using NX 10.  My main questions are:

1.   What is the difference between top side vs bottom side illumination?  What does this mean?  The tutorial uses top side, but I have my own problem that I want to solve and I'm not sure if that is alwas the right choice.
  2. Does the orbital heating thermal load option automatically account for earth albedo and blackbody radiation?
  3. If I want to have my satellite parts radiate heat according to their outer coatings, do I do this with boundary conditions?
  4. How does the Monte Carlo parameter choice work, and does it increase computational time?
  5. What is the element subdivision actually doing?  I'm running the solution, and I noticed once it solved, it has started solving a second time.  Is this because I chose an element subdivision of "2"?  What is this accomplishing?

I am a total beginner with NX, so I appreciate any help that I can get Smiley Happy

1 REPLY

Re: Hello everybody! I am using the Space Systems thermal analysis package, and have a few question

Experimenter
Experimenter

Hello all!  So, I did dig through the documentation and find answers to most of my questions.

However, I am curious about what the "orbital requests" are that appear when running the solver, and what governs how many there are.  The tutorial that is in the documentation for the Space System Thermal analysis has 17 orbital requests that are made.  What are they?  Can I reduce the number of them to reduce computational time?

Thanks!