cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I create design variable to property relations?

Pioneer
Pioneer
Hi,

I am currently reading the design modeling for sensitivity and optimization user guide. I'm currently in the section of relating design variables to properties. I'm wondering how I can create the DVPREL2 and DEQATN bulk entries. Do I have to program it in the input file or is there a command in the NX graphical user interface I can use.
4 REPLIES

Re: How can I create design variable to property relations?

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

NX does support SOL 200 design optimization. I'm not that familiar with the topic though. I suggest that you create a SOL 200 solution and explore the UI to see if it satisfies your needs. Another good source of information related to Nastran support in NX is the NX online help article "Nastran import and export support". That article lists all of the input file entries that are supported by NX. Unfortunately DEQATN and DVPREL2 aren't listed in that article. You may have to define those entries manually via key in text in NX or input file editing outside of NX.

Regards,

Mark 

Mark Lamping

Simulation Product Management

Simulation and Test Solutions

Siemens Industry Sector

Siemens Product Lifecycle Management Software Inc.

mark.lamping@siemens.com

www.siemens.com/plm

Pioneer
Pioneer
Thanks Mark for your response. I'm already a bit familiar with the UI in the SOL 200. I successfully created optimizations for composites with the CFAILURE restriction. I found the dialog boxes to use DVPREL1 but can't find any user interface to set values/equations for DVPREL2. DVPREL stands for Design Variable Property RELations and type 2 gives you the possibility to set parameters and equations between certain design variables and properties.
Does someone already worked with this? My question is: Do I have to take some time to understand the way how to write DVPREL2 entries into the input file or if I was just not able to find the dialog box for it. Thanks in advance for all your responses.

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

I verified with our development group that DVPREL2 and DEQATN are not supported by NX SOL 200 setup. You'll have to manually enter those entries to your input files either by keyin text in the appropriate locations in NX (bulk data for the two mentioned above) or in the input file itself. The benefit of defining it in NX is that it is saved with the solution, so solving it a 2nd time doesn't require a 2nd input file edit.

Regards,

Mark

Pioneer
Pioneer
Thank you Mark for your further inquiries. I really appreciate it! This answers my question fully.
Best regards,
Elonora