cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to check spatial fields in NX CAE 7.5?

Creator
Creator

Hello,

I created a spatial pressure and temperature field in NX CAE 7.5. Is there a way to display / output the interpolated results? E.g. I am interested in the temperature of a specific node, how can I get the value?

So far I have only found Display --> Element/Node value, but this is a complete mess.

I am happy for any advise!

3 REPLIES

Re: How to check spatial fields in NX CAE 7.5?

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom
Alex,

NX 8.0 provided the ability to contour plot shell element thickness, pressure, and temperature loads. I think you found the only option within NX 7.5. You could write out a solver input file from NX 7.5 and check the temperature there as well.

Regards,
Mark

Mark Lamping
Simulation Product Management
Product Engineering Software

Siemens Industry Sector
Siemens Product Lifecycle Management Software Inc.
mark.lamping@siemens.com
www.siemens.com/plm

Creator
Creator

Ok, I can check the temperature in the .dat file... BUT

Why is the space between the node id and the value missing? It looks like this:

TEMP         201  517702665.1351 and not TEMP         201  517702 665.1351

Do I need some special editior or what? I tried notpad++ and normal windows editor...

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Alex,

In Nastran single field format, each line contains 10 fields of up to 8 characters each. In free format, these fields are comma separated. In fixed format, each field is 8 characters. Space delimited is not an option. With only 8 characters to work with, numerical precision is an issue for real numbers. If you add a space between the grid ID and the temperature value, you would have to remove the trailing 1 from the temperature value so it would still fit in its 8 character column.

There are some text editors out there that can display column markers (vertical lines). I thought notepad++ was one of them. You may need to load a custom profile. Other possibilities are UltraEdit or Emacs

Regards,

Jim